Tauranga Airport has three car parks for the convenience of passengers and visitors to the airport.
Short Term Car Park
The short term car park, located outside the terminal building, is intended for people who are meeting or seeing passengers off and for overnight parking. The first 20 minutes are free. After this the charge is $2 per hour.
Airport parking fees
Long Term Car Park
The long term car park is located behind the roundabout as you approach the airport. The long term car park is intended for people requiring parking for periods longer than 24 hours.
Vehicles are parked in the airport car parks at the vehicle owner's risk. However a full time secuirty guard patrols the airport grounds from 10pm - 6am daily.
Airport car park map (655kb pdf)
How does the Parking Work?
- When you drive into either parking area at the airport, collect a ticket from the entry barrier machine. Please take this ticket with you when you leave your car.
- When you return to your car, put your ticket into one of the automated pay stations (located outside baggage claim and in the short term car park) and insert the ticket you received when you arrived. The machine accepts credit cards, notes or coins for payment. When you pay your parking fee your ticket will be validated by the pay station.
- Take the ticket with you to your car.
- Put the validated ticket in the machine at the exit barrier to drive out.
- While you should try and park in the parking area that best suits your needs, there is no guarantee a space will be available in your preferred parking area
Airport parking charges
Please note: Carparking is subject to availability.
Drop off area
There is an area directly in front of the terminal to drop off passengers or baggage. Parking is not permitted in this area.
Last Reviewed: 30/03/2017